Borderline experimental, there is more than one Agile 8 string guitar to see. Here we take a look at three different series, from the most affordable to the high-end models, with massive amounts of strings.
Agile 8 String
Agile offers 8 string guitars in a lot of models. Over 10 are available. Depending on your goals and budget one of them will suit you better.
Let’s take a look at the main models: the Interceptor, the Intrepid, and the Septor series.
In the Intrepid line you will find the most radical designs of the Agile inventory. Also, the most economic 8 string guitar models are in this series, starting at the (unbelievable for an 8 string guitar) price of just $499. Lots of options here, which can take you up to $899 for the more advanced models. Also in this line you can find multi-scale guitars. Among the features you will find:
- Ash or Mahogany body
- Neck-thru body design
- Ebony fretboard
- Variety of pickups, among others: Dual Active EMG 808, Cepheus passive 8 pickup
Take a look at these guitars:
or read our full review of the Intrepid series here.
Some of the top of the line Agile guitars in this series. A combination of a somewhat modern shape with cherry-picked components, in this line you can find 7, 8 and 9 string guitars. For an 8 string, which is the guitars we are inspecting in this overview, prices will set you up from $699 up to $1195. Whichever style you play, from hardcore to free jazz, you can find one that fits your tastes if you have the budget. Among the features:
- Body options: Double cutaway light mahogany, arch or flat
- 5 piece maple neck-thru body, or bolt on for the cheaper models
- Scale starts at 25,5” and goes up to 28,625” depending on model
- Ebony, Rosewood or Maple fretboards
- Variety of Kahler tremolos
- Variety of pups: EMG 808, EMG 89, Duncan’s Blackout or Cepheus Passive
- Agile Interceptor Pro 828 Black See it ! (Top of the line with Duncans, 28” scale, Kolher tremolo and more)
- Agile Interceptor Pro 825 Check it ! (Natural finish with EMGs, Kahler PRO tremolo, 25,5” scale)
- Agile Interceptor 828 MN Black Go ! (Entry level, impossible price for an 8 string guitar)
The Septor series provides another batch of 8 string guitars to choose from. Starting at $659 on the entry level Pro models and up to $899 for the high-end Elite, there’s a lot of options. With a strat-like body and a price only cutting the middle man allows, and no other brand can beat, in this line you will find:
- An arch top body, double cutaway light weight mahogany
- Scale from 25,5” up to bloody 30”
- USA made Duncan blackout pickups
- Cepheus or HipShot bridges
- Agile Septor Elite 827 white (top of the line) Take a look
- Agile Septor Elite 830, natural See it
- Agile Septor Pro 828 Tribal Check it
- Agile Septor 827 MN Check the most affordable
Full review of the Septor line here.
In a nutshell
Lot of Agile 8 string guitars to choose from, whenever you are hunting for one please remember that stock varies and some of the models available at the time of writing this review might not be on stock any more, although we try to keep this article up to date. Another thing you should take into account is the fact that Rondo Music every year opens its custom shop for a while, and if you contact them you will get the chance to build an instrument the way you prefer, with the specs of your choice, at prices significantly lower than any other custom shop.