Agile 7 String
After the nineties, there was a massive growth of bands and guitarist using seven string guitars. What was elitist and exclusive some time ago became more popular after the era of guitar heroes and the rise of nu metal bands. Of course we are talking about the now much more widely available 7 string guitars. While these guitars became much more common, the price of these guitars was usually high. This has changed in the last few years, and the best example is the different series of 7 string Agile guitars, which offer a fantastic value, with great prices, with the Interceptor, Septor, Intrepid and even some AL models.
Rondo Music retails this special version of the AL model, which features 7 strings instead of six. The Agile AL-727 has all of the features and advantages of the Les Paul guitar series allowing an increased flexibility because of the seventh string. Players of classic rock, hard rock, blues and the kinds, that are looking for a seven string guitar but do not like the more radical guitars that usually feature seven strings (we are talking about guitars aimed at metal and progressive rock) will love this instrument. Models on the AL family are just a few, since most of the players looking for a seven string axe usually play other kind of guitars, but nonetheless this might be the one for you, take a look at them.
What you get with the AL-2000/AL-3000 seven strings:
- Solid mahogany
- 27” Scale
- 22 or 24 frets, depending on model
- Rosewood or Ebony fretboard, depending on model
- Cepheus Passive Ceramic Pickups
- Full body and neck bindings, depending on model
- Grover Die Cast Tuners
Some examples available:
- Agile AL-2000 727 Flat Black Unbeatable at $269 here !!
- Agile EB Tribal Red 7 – 27” and Ebony for $349 here !!
- Agile AL-727 EB Tribal Green AL-3010 7 strings for only $449
Most of the Intrepid models are aimed at 8 string guitar players, so you won’t find many 7 string guitars in this line. However, now and then some models become available. For those who like the unusual body shape of the Intrepid guitars, make sure to check often for stock, and be fast because usually these guitars sell fast. Also, some multi-scale 7 stringers may become available from time to time. With the 7 String Intrepid you get:
Maple neck with a neck-thru Mahogany body
- Ebony fretboard
- 24 jumbo frets with no inlays (markers on the side)
- Dual Cepheus Pups
- Die-cast Grover sealed tuners
Take a look at the only model currently available, the Agile Intrepid Pro 727 EB starting at $749 here !!
The Interceptor is the biggest line of guitars that Rondo Music retails, after the AL. Among others important things, in this model you will find 6, 7, 8 and even 9 string guitars !. Back to the core of this post, there are a bunch of 7 string Interceptor guitars available. The Interceptor, thanks to its body shape and components, is the preferred Agile guitar for those who play metal and progressive rock. To put it simple, there is no other guitar with this kind of components and features at this price. The most affordable 7 string Interceptors start at only $349 with the high end models going up to $799. Some of the characteristics of the Interceptor family (remember that these varies with models and influence the final price):
- Light swamp ash, Mahogany body
- Quilted or Real Maple top
- Scales all the way from 25”5 to 27”
- Rosewood or Ebony fretboards
- 24 jumbo frets
- Regarding pickups, depending the model EMG 707 or Passive Cepheus
- Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo
- Grover tuners, 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob
A few of the models available:
- Agile Interceptor 725 for only $349 here !!
- Agile Interceptor 727 Black with 27” scale here !!
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725 click here !!
- Agile Interceptor Pro 727, gorgeous high end with 27” scale click here !!
Like we saw in the 8 string Agile guitars article, the Septor line provides some affordable and some high end options for those looking for a 7 string axe. The shape of this guitars will fit nicely for those looking a versatile instrument. This line is the only one featuring a Tone Pros bridge, which gives these instruments superior sustain. Depending on the model you pick, the prices go from $315 to $825. Here is a list of the most important things you need to know about the Septor 7 string guitars:
- Light weight mahogany or swamp ash body
- 25.5” to 27” scale available
- Tone Pros Bridge
- Maple, Rosewood or Ebony fretboards, depending on model
- 5 piece neck-thru body design
- Cepheus Passive, Active or EMG 707 pups depending on model
Some available models:
- Agile Septor 725 RN – Entry level at an amazing $315 here
- Agile Septor Pro 727 MN – 27” scale at only $649, see it here !!
- Agile Septor Pro 725 EB Natural – Highest end Septor at $825 take a look !!
Other 7 String Agile Guitars
Aside of the main guitar Models there are some other 7 string guitars available from Rondo Music. Among these, the Pendulum models, which include the option of a multi-scale 7 string guitar (the multi-scale Pendulum is the most expensive option for a 7 string guitar, just above $1000), the Agile Reaper and the Agile Ghost, with their extreme body shapes and amazing value per buck. You can check it yourself, some of the models
- Agile Ghost Pro 727 – 27” scale, Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncans at an amazing $695 here !!!
- Agile Reaper Pro 727 – V shaped body with Duncan pups and 27” scale only for $699 here !!
- Agile Pendulum Elite 72725 – Top of the line 7 string axe with deluxe Kahler tremolo and multi-scale for $1095 check it !!!
In a nutshell
If your looking for a 7 string guitar at an affordable price you should definetly check the Agiles. Go ahead and search for reviews on the web and you will find that these axes are highly rated, and most people seem to believe that this kind of guitars would cost twice as much if they had a famous brand tag on ‘em (or the branded ones are overpriced ? ). There are a lot of models to choose from, here we took an overview on some of them, if you’d like to see the complete Rondo Music 7 string guitar list of products follow this link.